Frequently Asked Questions About Certificates of Deposit
$500.00 is the minimum required amount to open a CD.
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
- 48 months
- 60 months
- If you are a Bronze Member, you will receive an additional .05 basis points in addition to any of our current rates.
- If you are a Silver Member, you will receive an additional .10 basis points in addition to any of our current rates.
- If you are a Gold Member, you will receive an additional .25 basis points in addition to any of our current rates.
- In addition to the Relationship Rewards levels above, if the initial deposit is $25,000 or more, you will receive an additional .10 basis points.
- You can add funds to your CD 10 days from the date it is opened and 10 days from the renewal/maturity date.
- You can close your CD at any time; however, you will be subject to the following penalties if you are outside of the 10 days of opening of the CD or renewal/maturity date:
i. 6-11 months: The penalty is the first 90 days of dividends.
ii. 12-84 months: The penalty is the first 180 days of dividends.
Frequently Asked Questions About Savings Accounts
Yes, the initial funding amount is $5.00, and it remains on hold until the overall account is closed.
The basic coverage available to members of a federally insured credit union is as noted below:
Yes, according to Federal Regulation D, you can withdraw from your Savings Account 6 times per month.
Yes, your Savings Account is automatically linked to your Checking Account to cover any overdrafts up to 6 times per month.
Frequently Asked Questions About Checking
- High-dividend on balances up to $20,000
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
- Free Online and Mobile Bill Pay
- Free Finance Works Financial Management Tool
- Free online Debit Rewards
- Make 12 debit card purchases. Transactions must post before the end of the month.
- Receive your monthly account statement electronically.
- Set up a direct deposit.
- Login to mobile/online banking at least once during the month.
The qualifications must be met each month.
Your checking account is still free but you will not be paid dividends. You will be able to start over the next month to earn benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Equity
$250,000.00, anything more will need to be reviewed by DOCFCU Credit Committee.
Unfortunately, DOCFCU does not offer a fixed rate Home Equity Line of Credit.
Yes, both applicants need to be a Credit Union member. They can be joint on the primary applicants account or have/open own Credit Union account.
The process can take 4-6 weeks start to finish. It really will depend on how fast the member submits the required documents to get the process started.
No. The loan has to be placed on an owner occupied primary residence.