Important information regarding COVID-19 and DOCFCU
As of Thursday, March 19th, 2020 all DOCFCU branches will be closed until further notice. While we cannot service members in-person, the credit union is fully functioning and our staff is ready to help you remotely.
As we navigate these difficult times here are ways to access your account at the credit union and some of the services the credit union is offering to assist you:
Online BankingMonitor your accounts at the credit union
Deposit Checks with our Mobile AppUse the mobile app to deposit checks to your account. For your convenience we have raised the daily deposit total to $5,000.
24/7 Call Center202-808-3600 or 888-626-9845 Our call center is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our call center staff are taking calls directly, please see directory below. Call wait times are longer than usual because of the unusually high call volumes the credit union is experiencing.
Email UsIf you have any questions about your accounts you can email us at email@example.com.
Free ATMs and Shared BranchesYou can use our network of free ATMs for cash withdrawals. Many of our Shared Branches have adjusted hours of operations due to safety precautions, please contact each branch for details.
COVID-19 Cyber ScamsIf we need to reach out to you we will never ask you for your personal confidential information such as your password or PIN or other account information. Please be vigilant against coronavirus related scams.
Skip-a-PayWe recognize the current pandemic is causing financial difficulties for many of you. We offer a skip a pay option on your consumer loans. You will be able to defer payment on your loan. And we will be waiving the normal fee associated with the skip a pay program.
DOCFCU Mortgage Assistance CenterWe are ready to help our mortgage borrowers as well if you are having difficulties making your mortgage payment. For eligible mortgage borrowers, we have a range of hardship programs to help you with your payments. Please contact us at 1-877-636-9780 or access our convenient online assistance center.
Emergency LoansWe are offering short term emergency loans. You won’t pay interest on these loans for 90 days and if you pay the loan off during the first 90 days all interest will be waived on the loan.
CDs – No Early Withdrawal Fees
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, the credit union will waive early withdrawal penalties on certificates of deposit if you need to cash in your certificate of deposit early. Please note that if you subsequently want to reinvest your money in a new certificate of deposit you will earn the market rate at the time that you reinvest the money. You cannot do a partial withdrawal from a certificate of deposit. Traditional IRA CDs are subject to IRS early withdrawal penalties.
Please call us at 202-808-3600 or 888-626-9845 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Impact Payments
Q. Do I need to take action to receive my relief payment?
- According to the IRS, no action is needed. Relief payments will be based on filed 2019 tax returns or 2018 returns for those who have not filed yet. The Treasury and IRS announced that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive an Economic Impact Payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts. Please visit IRS.gov/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information.
Q. The IRS and Treasury do not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
- In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. Please visit IRS.gov/coronavirus for the current information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No; however, you can conveniently contact us by phone anytime, send us an e-mail, or visit an operating Shared Branch location for teller transactions.
- Yes, our Accounting Department is posting all ACH transactions as normal.
Please stay safe and monitor the CDC and WHO websites for the latest information on this fast developing and very serious pandemic.
And remember to do the five to help stop the coronavirus:
- HANDS Wash them often, (and sing happy birthday twice to yourself when you do).
- ELBOW Cough into it.
- FACE Don't touch it.
- FEET Stay more than 3 feet apart. Take this seriously and practice social distancing as much as you possibly can. If we all do this the pandemic will end much sooner.
- FEEL sick? Stay home.